Thursday, September 14, 2006

Better

Before:
After:

So I ripped back as planned and added length to both the wrist and finger portions of this pattern. Although it was definitely cute as the original, this way is just much more functional for me. I probably could have added another row of cables at each end, but I am not ripping this back again. On to number two!

Okay, Kerry, you asked I delivered. Here is a new project with the fabulous Lang Tosca you sent me. I give you Entrelac! (or Interlock as my husband says!) A baby blanket was perfect for this yarn, as you predicted.

This is a brand new technique for me and I LOVE IT. It is so much easier than it looks. Really. Right after you go and learn magic loop, you need to learn this. I read somewhere, and it's true, that Entrelac is kind of like turning the heel of a sock. You just need to trust and follow the directions, and then magically it turns into something great! I love the way the variegated yarn makes solid blocks of color. I basically followed the Lady Eleanor Stole from Scarf Style, except I made 11 base triangles instead of 7.

And the best part? I'm saving this one for ME.

9 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Lori Rode said...

Hot damn! That looks terrific and by that I mean both projects. That pastel entrelac is very yummy!

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger mama k said...

I've never seen entrelac before. It looks AWESOME with that yarn! Glad you are keeping that one for you.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Kerry said...

I love the extra length on the fingerless gloves. I totally would have done the same thing. :-)

I especially love the blankie though. LOL And I am so proud of you for trying yet another new technique!!! I love how entrelac looks so difficult but is really so very easy. Makes some people think you must be a genius for being able to do it. :-) It's coming along so nicely and I'm so glad you like it and will be keeping it for you!

Hugs!

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute blanket. We got the Tosca in the shop too. Love it!!

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, I liked the first wrist warmers UNTIL you showed the updated versions - they do look much better with the changes. And that entrelac......oh my goodness gracious.....it is stunning.

How very, very, sweet that you will finally be able to use things like that in the near future!

From one starving woman to another :) .

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gloves really look fantastic! I liked them before but you are right, the extra length is much better.
That baby blanket is fabulous!!
Isn't entrelac fun? I just made the Entrelac Dishcloth - at first it gave me a little trouble but it was just fascinating the way it worked up.
The yarn looks so yummy - how is that variegated yarn turning out solid blocks?! That kind of thing is like magic to me.

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh yes, much better long!!!

Nice interlock (hee hee!), that's still a technique I have to try.

 
At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blanket! I'm still to try that technique. I want to see pictures of it in use, I think that will be awesome.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Jillio said...

wooooooooow. like. woooooooooow.

that's so great! kerry really spoiled you rotten! but that's so great!

(and i'm glad you made it back into your house okay.) hehe. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home