Sunday, October 01, 2006

Favorite Color Swap

My favorite color swap package arrived this week! Thank you Karla for a really great package! She sent me some really great yarn (including my first skein of trekking and some really cool chenille), a hand knit funky scarf and some really great beachy things. My favorite are the little shells she collected from her very own beach. I love everything Karla, thank you so MUCH!
Alas, this will probably be my last major swap for a while (yeah, I say that now), I really need to start preparing for this baby's arrival. I am trying to formulate a plan for the nursery, the creative crafty type in me just won't allow for a gender neutral room. So I actually need two plans, and each one must be able to be deployed very quickly. We will only have about two weeks to get our asses in gear from the time we get "The Call" and having to travel to Colombia. Of course, boy or girl will both get a beachy room, it's just a matter of the details. Right now I'm thinking mermaids for a girl.

We recently found these two gorgeous mermaids in a nautical shop not far from us. If we have a boy, I'll just leave them where they are in our dining room, living room. Aren't they beautiful? The nursery (formerly a guest bedroom) is currently a soothing shade of dusty turquoise. I think these white mermaids will look great in there.
Of course you realize, this means we're getting a boy. No matter, I'll come up with something!

7 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Nah, even if you get a boy, keep 'em they're gorgeous! You're probably getting more and more psyched as time goes on.
Have you prepped yourself for the possibility of twins? I have a friend that adopted from Guatamala, when they got their "call" it was for a set of twin girls! I don't know if your arrangement specifies anything for multiple circumstances or not, but c'mon would that just be amazing?

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the mermaids! I wanted to be one when I grew up. Sadly, the career fair people were not very helpful about my chosen path.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger sarah said...

Isn't that just how it always happens!

Those mermaids are really beautiful though! Hope you get some use out of them somewhere at least!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

I love those Mermaids. Why can't a boy have those in his room? Boys believe in Mermaids too!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger mama k said...

oooh pretty! I love mermaids too. I'm kitchy like that.
I had thought of that as a nursery theme for a girl. For a boy you could do pirates or sailboats (a bit more subtle). How fun!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Kerry said...

I love the mermaids! They are beautiful. Dailaesse is fascinated with the idea of being a mermaid since McDonald's started handing out Little Mermaid toys. :-)

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

World of

Warcraft Gold
,

rel="nofollow">World of Warcraft Money
,

rel="nofollow">FFXI
,Final

Fantasy XI
,EVE Isk,Star Wars Galaxies Credits ,WOW Gold,Final Fantasy 11

 

Post a Comment

<< Home